Friday, May 4, 2012

This seems to be working....and well.

Wow, there seems to be some interest in how I am doing on the Dukan Diet.  I have to say, pretty good. For me, this is an easy diet to follow.  I don't have to think too much and I am never hungry...NEVER!

So, I started the Dukan Diet Feb 28, 2012.  I have lost almost 30 lbs so far!  That is 30 lbs in about 9 weeks!  I would call that a success (and did I mention that I am never hungry???).

I won't go into great detail 'cause anyone that is interested can Google "Dukan Diet" and find out how the whole thing works.  But here are the basics: during the weight loss phases you eat lean proteins and veggies.

There are 4 phases; attack, cruise, consolidation and maintenance
Attack: this lasts any period of time from 2-10 days.  I used the free calculation guide on the official Dukan Diet website and it told me to do 5.  During attack you eat nothing by pure proteins (basically, lean, unprocessed proteins).  Ugh, it does get boring, but you can prepare things like chicken with lots of flavorings.  And you can have salmon!  This is easy for you if you have done HCG.

Then it is on to cruise.  This is the phase where you have pure protein (PP) days and protein and veggie (PV) days.  Let me tell you, veggies have never tasted so good to me.  They bring a freshness and variety to the diet that I love.  I alternate PP and PV days and am having a lot of success.  There are a couple of patterns that people follow (5PP, 1PV is the original one).  Some people even do PV all the way through cruise phase and have success, but it is not recommended by Dr. Dukan. I have found some amazing recipes out there and adapted many of my own (just like I did for HCG).  After all, I am still a Foodie and I want to enjoy what I put in my mouth. 

Oh, I forgot to mention...you eat as much as you want.  I eat whenever I need to.  It's awesome!  And, I really don't eat a lot because the pure proteins and the veggies just fill you up. 

Then consolidation involves adding back foods that were forbidden in attack and cruise.  You ahve to do this phase for quite awhile to stabilize your weight. 

Maintenance is regular, healthy eating, but you do one PP day every week for the rest of your life.  I liken it to doing a steak or egg day if you go over 2 lbs with HCG, but this is a regular, planned day.

It sounded daunting to me at first, but it has ended up being so easy for me.  Rarely do I crave carbs (grains or fruit).  When I do crave them it is because I have been reading about some yummy desserts on the web or watching cooking shows on Food Network.  I did have a wicked awful craving for chocolate, but used a couple of Dukan dessert recipes and got through it (with chocolate!).  A girl sometimes needs her chocolate!

Anyway, there's the plan in an oversimplified nutshell!


2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Congratulations dear!

    That's outstanding weight loss, keep it up.

    You touched on a few points here, just be aware at one point in your weight loss you might reach a time where portion control determines your weight loss, although eating freely and unlimited now is working, (and I tell ya, it does work) portion control becomes a huge factor eventually.

    So far looks like your diet experience is super-similar to mine, which means you can look forward to a happy, fufilling time on the Dukan Diet. I have lost 110 lbs and Prawn has lost the same. We have been following it almost 11 months and the majority of our weight loss took place until month 8.

    Congratulations dear, keep up the amazing work.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dukan Dietress makes a very good point about portions. While I don't measure and weigh right now (because I am still losing at a happy rate), it definitely is an important thing for keeping weight off. I am willing to bet if one looked at what I was eating, it would be pretty close to a proper portions (did so much dieting in my life I know all the portion tricks). I am so pleased that, even though I can eat "unlimited" Dukan approved foods whenever I want, I seem to be able to stick to reasonable portions. Protein and veggies fill me up and keep me satisfied for a long time.

    ReplyDelete