Thursday, November 4, 2010

R2P3D22 or P4D1 (+1.0 LIW)

I am really struggling with the pain that my disc is causing.  Will have to keep this short, but had to share this wonderful breakfast muffin.  It is great reheated for on the go.  I found them a little salty when I made them with bacon and 1 tsp salt.  So I reduced the amount of salt for you below.  You may want to increase it if you use breakfast sausage though.  I am working on a coconut flour recipe that will be tasty and make my tummy happier, but, boy, these were tasty.

Egg, Bacon, and Cheese Muffins Recipe
makes 12 muffins

1 1/4 C almond flour or other nut meal
4 eggs, beaten
1 C cottage cheese
1 C grated Cheddar (or pick your favorite cheese)
1/4-3/4 C bacon, cooked crispy and chopped into small pieces (or ham, diced or sausage, crumbled)
1/4 C milk
1 tsp baking powder (starch free for P3 or sub baking soda)
1/2 tsp sea salt

Okay, this is tricky, you ready?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together.  Fill buttered, greased or lined muffin tins with batter to the top.  Bake for 25 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  If you greased or buttered your muffin tins be sure to cool them for quite awhile before attempting to remove them from pan. Using a butter knife, gently loosen the muffins from the pan around the edges.  If you line them with muffin cups you have it easy.

Enjoy warm.  These store well in the fridge for a week and freeze nicely too.  Reheat for about 20 seconds on high if refrigerated and about 40-45 seconds if frozen.

Okay, off to ice my neck, shoulder and arm.  MRI has been ordered by doc.  Sigh.

Enjoy the day,
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Yummmy.... this is definitely in my future! Hope the MRI goes well,,, at least you will know what is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delish! Take good care of your disc-- ice, ice, ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, these sound so yummy!

    Take care of yourself. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete