Friday, November 19, 2010

R2P4 (+1.2 LIW)

Still in the safety zone.  I am happy about that.  I know some correction days are in my future though.  Next Friday I turn the big 4-0.  I am kind of excited about it.  40 doesn't really scare me.  I am really excited about my big party tomorrow.  My husband has arranged a special dinner with some close friends.  I don't know too many details as they have been kept from me to be a surprise, but I know they have been working on decorations and making sure the food is safely gluten-free for me.  Then, after dinner, we head to a local venue to hook up with even more friends.  It is a little movie theater pub that can be rented out.  We will have a movie in the background, drinks and good company.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate the fact that I made it to my 40s!

Then there is Thanksgiving next week.  We are hosting my in-laws.  I don't plan to make it low-cal.

And the day after that is my actual birthday and a home football game (GO DUCKS!).  One of my best and oldest (by time, not age!) friends will be joining me at the tailgaters and the game.  I don't plan to make this a low-cal affair either.  There will be lots of alcohol too.   So fun!

And it's not done there.  My parents will come down the next day to celebrate a belated birthday and Thanksgiving with us.  Lots of good food with that.  And I will be spending a lot of time away from the house.  I will be back stage at my daughter's 3 Nutcracker performances.  Needless to say, it will not be a weekend of the healthiest choices.

We'll see how the weight does, but I would be shocked if I didn't need 3 or 4 correction days sprinkled in there.  But that is the beauty of it.  I can enjoy this crazy series of celebrations, do the corrections and get back into healthy choices.  It should all balance out in the end.

And for those of you waiting to hear my MRI results.  It was sort of good news.  I don't need to have a disc removed and vertebrae fused.  I do, however, have some long term issues that need to be taken care of.  The lowest part of my cervical vertebrae (neck), c5-c6 and c6-c7 are the problem.  The discs are degenerating near my spinal cord (hence the shooting pain in my right arm and shoulder), one of the discs has a mild bulge but it is on the left side and is asymptomatic (yea!).  The bones of those vertebrae are also degenerating and I have some bone spurs.  Basically, this is all fancy medical speak for arthritis.

I have arthritis in my neck and I am only 40?!?  Sheesh!  I guess that is what you get after a lifetime of clumsy accidents with many head injuries, 2 major car wrecks, heavy lifting jobs at a young age and an auto-immune disease that went undiagnosed for 20 years!  Good thing I have finally figured out how to take care of myself.  I need this body to last for at least another 40 years!

Enjoy the day!
Amy

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, enjoy the next few days!! Glad your MRI gave you some "good" news... can they treat it?? Have a FANTASTIC FORTY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you're getting enough D3!

    Congrats on turning 40!! Also, GO DUCKS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY but not sure if you'll see this and didn't know where else to post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Darby, I got the message and want to wish you a Happy Birthday too! Now, if the Ducks can win for my birthday, that would make my day! I get to go to the game and plan to cheer my 40 year old heart out! Hope you have a fun bday too!

    ReplyDelete