Tuesday, June 1, 2010

P3D1

I am officially done with Phase 2 and the 500 calorie part of the Simeon's Protocol. Yeah!

I have lost just over 35 lbs in 6 weeks on this program. According to my doctor's weekly Body Impedence Analyses, I have maintained most of my lean muscle mass and only went down about 30 calories on my basal metabolic rate. Wahoo!

I will post before and after pics very soon.

I definitely want to do this one or two more times. I just don't know if I will do it on my own or at the clinic with my doc. I did experience thyroid issues on the protocol and needed his help to correct them. I have lots of the extra thyroid meds (I should be able to go back to my regular dose as I transition off of HCG and 500 calories) so I could just save it for my next round.... Just don't know. It is so expensive to do it at the clinic.

I did drop another 2 lbs over the weekend, despite the fact that Aunt Flo visited (a day early too!). Because of her visit on Saturday, I made that my last injection day instead of Sunday. That means that as of 8 am today, I can start SLOWLY adding in more foods. I can't even tell you how excited I am to be having red peppers, walnuts, almonds, etc. I am sooo looking forward to having my green smoothies and an egg for breakfast. I really miss those things. Chocolate and popcorn will just have to wait at least 3 more weeks. I am okay with that right now.

I have to tell you that I did have a snack of walnuts and almonds (from a 100 cal pack) between breakfast and lunch. It was shear bliss. I am so happy to have some healthy foods back in my repertory.

Okay, that is about it for now. On P3 and P4 I will not likely be posting everyday. I will probably post at least once a week. I plan to do a second round in September and will be posting daily again during that phase. I do plan to start sharing/reviewing some P3 friendly recipes and will keep my weight ticker up to date.

2 comments:

  1. Amy - 35 lbs is amazing. I just saw your comment about the bread and they have gluten free bread sticks at Freddy's. I see you are done with P2 now though...

    ReplyDelete