Tuesday, February 1, 2011

R3P2D16

Lost 3.6 lbs when I got on the scale today!  Wahoo!  Knew that water weight would go quickly.  Now I just need to get a little bit more off and I am back to my pre-weekend weight. 

Met with a friend of mine today who really helped with this whole Asperger's/Autism Spectrum stuff.  Her son has Asperger's.  We had a long talk about life with our amazing kiddos and she was able to provide me with a unique perspective.  I have been talking about this a lot with my other friends and speaking to lots of experts and reading far too many websites/blogs about Autism.  She was able to really relate to the feelings I am having and we even talked about some coping mechanisms that I hadn't heard before. 

One of the biggest "aha" moments was when I was telling her that my daughter really has no friends, she isn't well-liked by her peers and she never gets invited to play dates or birthday parties.  My friend looked at me and asked, "does it bother her?"  Well, no, it doesn't.  My sweet girl is rather oblivious to these facts.   She is confident and happy with herself.  I should revel in that fact and not try to beat my head against a wall trying to force friendships that aren't there.  If my girl does start to be bothered by lack of friends, I can take on that challenge at that time.  Wow.   That was a big moment for me. 

Okay, sorry.  I don't intend to turn my HCG blog into an Autism blog.  I just wanted to let you all know how things are progressing for me in that area.  It is a big part of my life right now and affects all aspects of my life, including my weight loss plans.  So I appreciate you letting me share.

Hugs,
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Amy, I'm just making it back to blogging and came to read what you've been up to for the last month. I can see it hasn't been without stress and I'm sorry about that for you. I don't know much about Autism, nor do I personally know anyone that has a child with autism, but I do feel for you. I have however thought about what it would be like to have a child with Autism.
    On another note, I'm looking at your first few days of your current round and can't believe how well you do....4.6???and then 3.4 and 2.2? WOW, I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the release!! Great job!

    ((HUGS)) to you! I can't say "I know how you feel" because I honestly don't. But I can sympathize with the struggles of having a child with needs. I'm happy to hear you have a friend who you can relate with and talk to! That is SO important!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loss and wonderful new look at your daughter...how powerful!

    ReplyDelete