Wednesday, April 28, 2010

P2D10

Another pound lost! Woot! I am loving this protocol.

While I am still a bit off from the bacterial invader and the antibiotics, I am doing really well. I cannot believe my energy level (and I don't think it is only from the copious amounts of green tea I am drinking). I am alert, aware and motivated to...do. I am not sitting on the couch watching TV (or if I am, I am sorting through boxes of junk that we have continued to put off sorting). I am loving this feeling of purpose and well being that I am experiencing. Loving it!

Okay, are you sitting down? I have changed up my daily menus a bit. What?!? Are you ready for the big change? Here it is: I am just having my MR shake in the morning and saving my fruit for a mid-morning snack to have with my protein supplement. Wow! Okay, small changes in the diet are a big deal to me. The main reason I did this is because I ran out of my favorite vanilla flavor that I like to blend with frozen fruit. Vanilla goes with everything. Now I just have my chocolate shake and I don't like to blend chocolate and fruit. That's me. I know most of the world thinks chocolate mixed with raspberries, orange or strawberries is heavenly. For me, I want my chocolate straight. Well, that's not true, I do like it blended with peanut butter, nuts, mint, coffee, oh, and bananas. So, I am mot a purest, just don't like it with most fruits.

Whoa, sorry for the chocolate tangent. That is just not nice. I am not craving it or anything, just wanted to explain the shake up in my diet. LOL

So here is today's menu:
B: MR shake
S: protein supplement and apple
L: leftover chicken with tangy tomato soup (I revised this recipe this time, see below)
D: very lean hamburgers and ??? (probably those minted cukes I love sooo much)

-----------------------
Tangy Tomato Soup II

2 C fat free, sugar free chicken broth/stock (I make my own, but there is a recipe in the list)
1 C strained tomatoes (you must use one that is JUST tomatoes, no other ingredients)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp onion salt
1/2-1 packet stevia
1 tsp dried basil (I used 1 Tbs chopped, fresh basil)
ground black pepper

Saute garlic in 1 Tbs of the chicken stock, set aside. Add strained tomatoes, cook over medium-high heat until it boils, stirring frequently. Turn heat to low and add remaining stock, garlic, onion salt and stevia to the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the pepper and basil. Serve.

counts as 1 vegetable

This had a much richer and deeper taste than the way I made it last week. This may be a different story when tomatoes are in season.

Cheers,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment