Friday, April 23, 2010

P2D5

Happy. My scale at home says I am down another 1.4 lbs. Woot!

Feeling pretty good these days. Sure there is hunger, but not crazy, low blood sugar hunger. Just hunger 1-2 hours before my next meal. Energy level is great. Loving that!

Had my weekly doc appointment today and got some great results. So, they weighed me a week ago, before my load days. I never figured out what my weight gain was for the load days, but from the doc's numbers I think I gained about 4 lbs. Yikes. That all came off because my total loss according to his scale was 7 lbs this week. 4 lbs of that was fat!!!! .5 lbs was lean muscle and the rest was water. Still, 4 lbs of fat!!! They gave me an amino acid supplement to take that is supposed to help me preserve my lean muscle mass. Still, .5 lbs is not much considering how damned little I eat.

So, eating. I'll give you today's menu and then tell you about last nights experiment and a recipe:
B: MR blended with blackberries
L: left over garlic chicken, Asian cabbage and shirataki noodles
D: fish and minted cukes
tea and water until I am swimming :)

So, last night I decided to try the shirataki noodles (I am convinced these are the same thing as the Miracle noodles, just different, and more honest, packaging) I used the ones with the tofu for extra protein and I rinsed them well, very well. Yes, they did have an odd scent, but it didn't translate to an odd flavor once I had prepared them.

----------------------
Cabbage and Shirataki noodle stir fry
1 T fat free chicken broth (I think I ended up using more as the pan dried up)
1 tsp fresh, chopped ginger
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 Cups sliced cabbage (I used Napa, but you could use any)
1 package tofu shirataki noodles
1 Tbs soy sauce (I am not on a pH balance program and I have to use gluten free soy sauce, Bragg's Aminos would also work here)
1 Tbs sugar free rice vinegar

Saute the ginger and garlic over medium heat in the chicken broth until fragrant. Add cabbage and stir fry until it begins to wilt. I found that covering the pan with a lid prevented a lot of liquid loss. Add shirataki noodles and toss to coat. I allowed this to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add in soy sauce and vinegar, toss to coat.

Makes 2 servings; each has 1 vegetable and 1??? for the noodles (they have no net carbs and my package only had 20 cals/serving. With the noodles and the soy sauce I added a total of 35 extra calories to my day and I still had a loss this morning, wahoo!)
------------------

The garlic chicken I adapted from that wonderful list of HCG-friendly recipes.

Garlic Chicken
2 chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
fat free chicken broth
3 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
dash of salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Poor a small amount of chicken broth in your baking dish and place the chicken breasts in the broth (my broth came about a 1/4 of the way up the breasts). Put the garlic and a little water into the microwave for 20 seconds. Add salt, pepper and herbs to form a paste, adding water if too dry. Spoon the paste over the chicken pieces. I tried to get a fairly even coating. Cook for approximately 30 mins. I watch my chicken with a thermometer so they don't get over cooked and dry.

Measure out 3 oz for the HCGers. Makes about 4 protein servings.
-------

This got thumbs up all around from my family. Moist and tasty. Mmmm.

So, one of these days I am going to discuss all of the great teas I have discovered and am enjoying daily.

But, for now, I say have a good weekend,
Amy

1 comment: