Monday, April 19, 2010

Phase 2, day 1

Okay, I am a little hungry...I expected to be a little hungry so it's okay. I am not sure I loaded correctly. Loading was more difficult than I thought it would be. I thought I would have a lot of fun eating the high fat foods that I usually avoid. Truth is, I was full and bloated all weekend. Sigh. So here is what I did.

I got up Sat and injected my pre-measured dose of HCG. That was very easy. I was nervous about it, but it wasn't difficult at all. I didn't really feel it; the needle is quite small.

I started to write about all the foods I ate to load but then realized it was making me hungry and was a bit obsessive. So instead you should know that I ate as much high-fat foods as my body would allow. It was fun, but I got full and uncomfortable. I probably ate too much carbs and sugar too. That could be why I am hungry today.

So today is my first VLCD day. Here is the modified-Simeons protocol that my clinic follows:
Bfast: meal replacement shake and a medium fruit.
Lunch: 100g lean protein and 1-1.5 cups approved veggies. Plus, one psyllium fiber pill
Dinner: 100g lean protein and 1-1.5 cups approved veggies. Plus, one psyllium fiber pill

That's it. Melba toasts and grissini are not allowed at my clinic and I am okay with that. I couldn't eat them anyway (I am allergic to wheat/gluten) so I would have had to find a substitute. They choose for us to have the meal replacement shake so we get more nutrients for the same calories. Makes sense to me. My doc is also allowing me to mix veggies from the list. Gasp! I am glad because I think I will do better mentally.

I will post what kind of meal replacement shake I use and my approved proteins and veggies tomorrow. I forgot to bring the list with me today.

Here is what I am eating today:
lots of water and green tea
B: MR blended with half a mango.
L: cocktail shrimp on a salad of lettuce with a few slices of cucumber and a few cherry tomatoes. I plan to sprinkle those with some fresh lemon juice and pepper.
D: fresh Dungeness crab another salad.

I will explore a bit more as this progresses. For now, I am keeping things simple.

I found a link to a downloadable recipe book. It looks VERY interesting and I will be trying some of the recipes very soon. yourhcgdiet.com/documents/HCG_Diet_Recipes.pdf . I don't know who to thank for this, but I think I will love it.

Oh, I am not ready to post my weight, but I will have before and after pics as I go along. Also, once I find a weight loss ticker, that will be on my blog page too.

If you know of some great P2 recipes or want to commiserate with me, don't hesitate to post a reply or contact me personally.

Cheers,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment