Tuesday, April 27, 2010

P2D9

Oh, man, this strep is kicking my butt. I wonder if my body is taking longer to get its strength back due to my special diet??? Hmmm. Not giving up on it though. I am starting to feel better, just not all the way there yet.

Mentally I am doing great. I am determined to succeed at this for the next 30 days or so.

Another pound today! Woot! I am starting to get addicted to these results. LOL

Not much energy to cook, but last night I did manage to make shrimp cocktails for the family along with their allowed sides. I made myself some zero/low cal cocktail sauce by doctoring up some Walden Farms ketchup. I had Brussels sprouts for dinner (see below for the yummy way I prepared them). They are little cabbages, right?
--------------------
HCG Cocktail Sauce
1/4 C Walden Farms Ketchup
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp prepared horseradish (or to taste, I think I added more)

Mix together and adjust to taste. Allow to sit for at least 15 min for best results. Use a small amount on seafood. The smallest amount you can get away with is best.
-----------------------
Garlic Lemon Brussels Sprouts

1 lb Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and outer leaves removed
1-2 Tbsp fat free chicken broth
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 T lemon juice

Steam the sprouts until just done (barely fork tender). Now I used to do this with olive oil, but for HCG, I sauteed the garlic in the chicken broth until it was fragrant, but not browned. Add in the sprouts and toss to coat and warm up. Finish by sprinkling with lemon juice just before serving.

If saving some for leftovers, separate them before adding the lemon juice and pack them with a wedge of lemon to be added once reheated.
-----------------------
That pound of sprouts made two, 1.5 C veggies servings for me and they REALLY filled me up.

Cheers,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment