Thursday, April 29, 2010

P2D11

No weight loss today when I weighed in at home. Sad. No gain either. That is good.

I know how it happened. I made a bad choice last night after dinner. Dinner started out innocently enough. I made burgers with the leanest ground beef I could find (less than 7% fat). I got them seasoned up and put them on our grill. Ooooh, they were tasty. Served mine with some mustard and a little Walden Farm's Ketchup. Delightful. And I had my full 1.5 cups of minted cucumbers. I was a happy HCG dieter.

Then I went to the kitchen to clean up. There was some burger left over so I weighed it, hoping it would be a full serving for today's lunch. Sigh, it was just short. I need 3oz of cooked meat and it was only 2.5. Hey, I need all the protein I can get so I was not about to short myself of .5 oz! So, what did I do? Save it until next time I made burgers to make a "full serving" for myself??? NO! I proceeded to eat that 2.5 oz of burger with the extra mustard and "ketchup" on my plate.

Mmmmm. Sure it was tasty, and sure, 2.5 oz of meat is not a lot extra....but it was enough. I was stuffed. And I mean STUFFED after I ate that extra portion. I stayed stuffed and transitioned into having indigestion for the remainder of the evening. I cannot believe I did that and I cannot believe how crappy it physically made me feel. Dang, won't do that again.

Some positives that came out of this little experience:
1. I don't want to do that again. It hurt. I still felt it this morning.
2. I think this means my body is changing. 5.5 total ounces of meat would have been a breeze for me 2 weeks ago. Perhaps my stomach is shrinking...perhaps my fullness receptors are starting to work again....
3. It inspired me to get back on my treadmill (which I have been avoiding because my ankle has been hurting). The whole motivation for this extreme protocol has been to lose the weight so that my ankle would heal and I could exercise again. Well, knowing I ingested lots of extra calories (okay, lots relative to what I am supposed to have with HCG) got me back on that machine. And, you know what? It felt really good. I am down about 15 lbs from that last time I walked on my treadmill and I felt the difference. My body has definitely changed. My shorts fit differently, my thighs didn't threaten to ignite with the friction (okay, they still rub together, just not quick as much) and my ankle did great. I would even go so far as to say there was a bounce in my step... Love it!!!

So, back on the protocol today.
B: MR shake
S: 1 pear and protein supplement
L: shrimp and lettuce with lemon juice, fiber
D:??crab and lettuce with lemon juice???

I am eating out tonight. First time on HCG for me. A little nervous....I looked at the restaurant's menu and they have crab cocktails. I am going to request that mine be served sans cocktail sauce (might not be gluten free anyway) and with lettuce instead of celery. Otherwise, I don't know what I will do.

Wish me luck!

Do you have any advice for eating out while on the HCG protocol? I would love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment