Friday, April 30, 2010

P2D12

First thing on my mind: my parents come for an overnight visit tomorrow. I am getting worried about how I am going to slip this diet past them. I know I could explain it to them. They usually support me in any major decisions because I always to a lot of research beforehand. For some reason, I just don't feel like explaining and justifying this to them yet. I think I will blame my "small appetite" on the antibiotics I am taking. They are used to me special ordering when we eat out due to my wheat allergy so I think this will cover it. The biggest obstacle will be breakfast on Sunday. We traditionally make yummy family breakfasts that we all eat together. How am I going to get away with my MR shake??? Perhaps I will have eggs (Simeon allows this once in awhile: 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites). I can make everyone regular eggs or omlettes and make mine HCG friendly. I'll let you know what happens, but any advice would be more than welcomed!

Yippee! Down 1.8 lbs on my scale today! I do love to see those drops in weight.

Saw the Doc today and the measurements they have been taking are impressive: I have lost 3 inches in my waste and 7 inches in my hips (this measurement includes the clapper, lol). I am not sure the loss is that great as today was done with my shirt pulled up, but still I see and feel that there has been loss in those areas. Jeans that used to fit are sagging, even on the 1st day of wear. And jeans that were uber-tight are now comfy on the 1st day of wear. I have shirts whose sleeves used to be tight that are now loose. All of that stuff is very encouraging.

The other encouraging thing is that I didn't lose any lean muscle mass. That is so important for permanent weight loss and when you consider the starvation diet I am on, it is miraculous (well, it is the HCG, which IS miraculous!). This is also the thing that will, hopefully, keep my skin from sagging with this rapid weight loss.

So, I think I did pretty well at the restaurant last night. I didn't end up with a seafood cocktail. I asked my server how much meat was in it and she claimed it was basically a soup spoon full. That would not have met my protein needs and I was going to be eating with a bunch of other people that have no dietary restrictions. I needed all the protein I was allowed.

I settled on a grilled chicken breast (had to order the grilled chicken sandwich minus everything but the chicken, lol) and a side salad, minus everything. I squeezed on the lemon juice and had a tolerable meal.

I am very proud of myself. Despite being surrounded by women eating yummy stuff and having beer, wine and cocktails, I stuck with my program. I think the consequences suffered by the recent meat-overeating was a big help.

Okay, so no exciting recipes to share today. I have to say that I am getting tired of the lemon juice on the salad. And all the acid is making my sensitive teeth even more so. Today I have some Walden Farms "Bleu Cheese" dressing to try. I am not expecting much, they WF products tend to have an artificial sweetener aftertaste that I dislike very much.

Today's menu:
B: MR shake
S: protein supplement and pear
L: shrimp, lettuce and new dressing, oh, and fiber pills (I do that every L and D)
S: protein supplement
D: chicken (prepared??? watch for a new recipe, hopefully) and Brussels sprouts

Okay friends, I may not post again until Monday. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for your love and support!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment