Monday, January 24, 2011

R3P2D8

What a busy weekend.  I was home again on Friday with my sick little boy.  He wasn't too bad (cold and ear infection) but this particular round of colds has led to a lot of kids with pneumonia so the pediatrician wanted him home until today.  It is hard for me to post when I am at home so that is why you are getting your first update today.

Since Thurs I have lost a total of 4.2 lbs!  That is such a great number!  I had one day of zero loss, but lost all the other days.  No complaints there!

Tried a few new recipes and most were dogs.  Let's just put it this way, I am never going to try to puree chicken to make "cream of chicken soup" again.  Blech!

Had dinner with friends at my house last night and was able to stay on program nicely.  I made my "Not Rocket Science Grilled Chicken" and everyone loved it.  And then I enjoyed a green salad with everyone else and they all had bread and/or mac and cheese (kiddos).  I don't have amazing willpower to resist the carbs...I have Celiac Disease and the carbs would make me really sick and set off a firestorm of immune responses.  No thanks.  I guess the ability to resist soft, white bread is my silver lining in the cloud that is Celiac. 

My lunch today is another new recipe and it is pretty good.  I know I got it from somewhere out there in web world, but I don't know where.  So, with humble apologies for not crediting the originator of the recipe, here it is:

Lemon Chicken Soup
1-2 C chicken broth
100g chicken breast, cooked and diced (I use leftovers)
baby spinach leaves (allowed amount)
1 Tbsp dried, minced onion flakes
1 tsp dried thyme (or your favorite herb)
lemon juice, up to 1 lemon's juice
salt and pepper to taste

Bring chicken broth to a boil, add next 4 ingredients, return to boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 min, add lemon juice 1Tbs at a time, stir and taste after each addition.  Add until it reaches your desired taste.  The lemon can really take over easily if you add all the juice at once.  I used about 2 Tbs with this particular lemon today.  Season with salt and pepper to your liking and enjoy!

This is pretty good.  I might try oregano instead of the thyme next time.  Thyme next time, I crack myself up!  It might also be improved with the addition of a clove of garlic, crushed and sauteed in a little chicken broth as a first step.

Enjoy!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. LOL, thyme, time... its the little things isn't it? I liked it. I have 'stolen' your recipe and will try it next week! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete