Monday, May 3, 2010

P2D15

Down another 2.2 this weekend! Woot!

I am not feeling so great today. I don't know if it is the antibiotics (3 more days of them to go, sigh), the HCG diet, my period sort of showing up or a bug. Or a combo of any or all of them. All I know is that I feel like I want to lay down and rest. I don't feel well sitting here at my computer at work. I think I will wait a bit and see how I do.

The weekend with the parents wasn't too bad. I had the will power of a saint. I stayed on program and my parents seemed to accept my odd eating behaviors as a result of the antibiotics. We didn't do lunch with them and for dinner we all had some version of hot dogs. The kids had their natural turkey dogs, hubby and parents had some home made sausages from a friend (I can't even eat them off HCG because they have gluten in them) and I tried the Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs. They were fair. Actually, they were barely tolerable. I don't know if I needed to grill them longer or if they cooled down too much before I ate them, but they were an odd texture and the taste hardly made up for it. I will give them a second chance, but was not impressed the first time.

On Saturday evening, while everyone was having treats and snacks galore (I won't torture you with a list), I drank my tea. I was very proud of myself.

On Sunday, Aunt Flo arrived. Or, rather, she knocked on my door, but didn't really come in. It was an odd, short visit. I haven't had her visit in years (Mirena) and this was merely a suggestion of a visit. I was in a bit of a panic because I had never discussed what to do with my doc. Since Flo hasn't been here in so long, we all just assumed she wouldn't visit while I was on HCG. Hmmm. I looked up what to do online and I am supposed to not do shots, but eat the VLCD while she is here. But, I had already done the morning shot when she arrived and today, she was pretty much gone. I decided to do a shot today. Not sure what the main problem is with doing the shots while she is here. I will have to check with my doc.

Last night I tried a new recipe that I adapted from my favorite source (see link at right).
------------------
Taco Salad
1 lb super lean ground beef
1/2 Tbs chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper
3/4 C water
lettuce

Over medium-high heat brown ground beef, breaking it up as you are cooking. Meanwhile, combine spices in a small bowl. Drain beef of all fat and return to pan. Add spices and water. Simmer until water is evaporated, stirring regularly.

Serve 3 0z over chopped lettuce for the HCG dieter and use remaining ground beef as your family likes. Mine made quesadillas and tacos.
-----------------------------
Since my doc has allowed me to go against Simeon's one veggie/meal rule, I added a small amount of chopped tomato and sweet onions to my salad. I also added some hot sauce and a small amount of my Walden Farms Blue cheese dressing. It ended up being pretty good.

I have left overs for lunch and tonight I will be trying a lemon garlic chicken recipe. Will let you know how it all turns out tomorrow.

Now I need to decide if I am staying at work or going home...

Cheers,
A

1 comment:

  1. You are inspiring me (drinking tea every night instead of aimless snacking)- hope you start to feeling better soon, and congrats on the 2.2!

    ReplyDelete