Tuesday, May 4, 2010

P2D16

OMG! Down another 1.6 lbs! I have about 6 lbs to lose and I will be at my pre-pregnancy weight. That is still obese, but I haven't seen that weight in over 3 years! This is unbelievable.

Really, it is. It is taking my mind awhile to catch up. I am in weight loss denial and it kind of scares me. I am starting to really see the changes though. Mostly in the way my clothes fit. It is pretty amazing. Hard to tell if I am getting sagging skin, but I don't think so. The clapper is still very much at home on my body. It has shrunk quite a bit, but it not taking on that deflated balloon look I would expect if my skin was sagging. We shall see. I am slowly starting to believe this is real.

I need my hubby to get my smaller clothes from storage. I can probably wear a lot of them now. That will be another trigger for my brain. Clothes I haven't worn in years are in there. Clothes I spent a lot of money on because our budget was different a few years back. Can't wait to see them. It will be like reuniting with old friends. I may only be able to wear them for a short while though. If I keep up this pace, I may shrink beyond some of those items. Some of them are from when I was training to run 5ks. I was my smallest since college (again, still obese, but a good 10-15 lbs lighter than I am now). I might make it to those clothes. It's amazing.

I do feel a bit better today. Tomorrow is my last day on antibiotics. Yeah! My body doesn't like being on them. My intestines are particularly mad. They want their regular bacteria back. I am trying to keep things right by taking probiotics, but then the penicillin comes in twice a day to wipe them out. Oh well, everything will get back to normal in a few days.

Oh, last night's dinner: lemon garlic chicken. It was good. It took forever to bake in my oven. My oven is wretched. I bought an oven thermometer to see how bad it was and it is BAD. I had the temp set to 400 degrees, on the convection setting (so the temp should stay relatively constant) and it hovered close to 325. It is a wonder I haven't killed anyone with undercooked meat. It is a good thing I am obsessive about checking meat temps.

Okay the recipe:
---------------------------------
Lemon Garlic Chicken
chicken breast, washed and patted dry
5-7 whole garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 C fat free chicken broth
juice of 1 lemon, approx 3 Tbsp
1/2 tsp dried oregano
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place garlic and broth in roasting pan. Lay chicken pieces over the garlic cloves. Pour lemon juice over chicken and sprinkle spices over the top. Roast in oven, turning occasionally until chicken is gold and most of the broth mixture has evaporated. I like to cook my chicken to an internal temp of 160-165. Let the cooked chicken breasts rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into serving sizes. The roasted garlic cloves can be served with the chicken, along with some additional lemon wedges.

3 0z chicken for the HCG dieters.
--------------------------

So this was well received by the whole family. I wouldn't say they raved about it, although my 7 year old did ask for more.

I am off to the local Farmer's Market. Enjoy your day!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment