Monday, May 10, 2010

P2D22

I'm back! I am sorry for no Friday post. I was home with a very sick little boy. At one point his 2.5 year old body temperature got as high as 105.3! It was scary, but he is well now.

Since Thurs I have lost 1.4lbs. Kind of disappointing compared to the rate I have been losing, but still 1.4lbs in a few days. I will take it. I am not going to stress too much. I believe most people have some sort of "stall" after about 3 weeks. From what I have heard, if I stay the course, stick with the plan, don't cheat and keep on keepin' on, the weight will keep coming off.

The thyroid issue is clearing up. I am feeling much better. I am not seeing as much hair falling out and my energy levels are up (I am not sitting on the couch after dinner, covered with 3 blankets anymore). My skin still seems dry, but it can take awhile to see the changes from the thyroid levels when it comes to that. Overall, I am feeling much better. I might even hit the treadmill again tonight!

Other than my sweet boy being sick, the weekend went well. I did attend the amazing Scavenger Hunt that my friends organize and I stuck with the program. Despite heavy drinking all around me, I had none. The catered dinner was fabulous, from what I hear. I had the chicken that the chef made. That was fabulous and probably did not meet protocol, but it was the best I could do. I brought my own veggies for lunch and dinner and did bring my own protein for lunch. I am rather proud of myself. I know I couldn't have done it without the HCG.

I have a new recipe to share. This one was amazing. I can't wait to make it again, and again. It is called Beef Negimaki. I got the recipe from Sandra Lee on the Food Network. She, of course, makes a quick adaptation of the original Japanese recipe. I, in turn, have made an HCG version of her recipe. You should really try it.

--------------------
Beef Negimaki
Roast Beef Sandwich slices (about 1/8 inch think, 4x6 inches) I used one that was 30 cals/slice
asparagus, washed and tough, bottom ends trimmed
HCG teryaki sauce (below)

Preheat grill (outdoor or Foreman)
Soak 3 slices roast beef, per serving, in the teryaki sauce for 5-10 min. Lay one slice of beef on work surface. Take 3-4 asparagus spears and lay them at one end of the beef. Roll the spears in the slice of beef and secure end with a toothpick. Repeat for remaining beef and asparagus.

Grill bundles. I used my Foreman grill and in 3 mins I had perfectly cooked asparagus. Sandra Lee suggests 6 minutes on a regular grill, turning the bundles half way through.

Amy's HCG "Teryaki" sauce
2 Tbs mirin (Japanese rice cooking wine, I used Eden brand as it has no added sugars and negligible alcohol content)
3 Tbs low sodium soy sauce (use Liquid Aminos is following a pH protocol)
1 Tbs rice vinegar (unseasoned as seasoned rice vinegar has sugar added)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
dash cayenne pepper

Mix all ingredients together. This made enough sauce to soak 6 slices of beef. I had enough left over that I tossed extra asparagus in it before I cooked it on the grill. If you are using this to marinate raw meat, do not reuse it.

Enjoy!

And, hey, any suggestions for camping while on HCG? Please give me any help you can!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment