Thursday, May 6, 2010

P2D18

Down a little today. 0.6lbs! I'll take it.

Yep, it was the thyroid. I called my doc after my post yesterday. The result: I have to take more thyroid meds. I took some today and already feel a change in my energy level. Hopefully some of the other symptoms will clear up.

I have a couple challenges coming up: a scavenger hunt this weekend and camping for 4 days/3 nights the next weekend. Please, I need some suggestions. I need your help and encouragement for these events.

The scavenger hunt will be tricky because there is a lot of drinking involved. In fact, the teams get points for pics taken at different bars, if people are doing shots. We have a designated driver, so no worries there. But I am not the DD. I guess I will tell people I am on meds that won't allow me to drink. I can pose with water in my shot glass. Then there is a catered dinner after the hunt. A really good, gourmet, catered dinner. My plan is to bring my veggies and eat the chicken breast that I know will be served. And some of the prizes are truffles and various other food things. Help!

I tried on some of my stored, too small, clothes last night. I am able to wear a few things. Some of them are way out of season so I have put them in the giveaway bin. I should be too small for them soon. It was quite exciting. I will be able to wear more and more very soon.

I am trying a new recipe that I adapted from a Food Network show. I will let you know how it turns out tomorrow.

Since I haven't posted my daily menu in awhile, here is what I am eating today:
B: MR shake
protein pill
L:chicken breast (leftovers from freezer), minted cucumbers, fiber
S: protein pill and apple
D: new recipe (an asparagus beef dish)

I am still drinking lots and lots of water and green and red teas. They get me through. I am also taking a few probiotic pills each day to counter the affects of the penicillin.

Okay, have a great evening,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment