Thursday, May 13, 2010

P2D25

Down another 1 lb today! Wahoo! Wa! and Hoo!

I was hungry most of the day yesterday, but held it together and stuck with the program. I didn't even overeat my burgers. I am quite proud of myself. I do wonder if my hunger yesterday was due to the increased exercise on Tuesday. Perhaps my body was trying to compensate with more calories (which I denied it). Or, perhaps, this batch of HCG isn't as good. I will bring it up to my doc when I see him tomorrow.

I am facing some challenges today. I am going out to lunch with a friend. She knows I am on the HCG protocol, so that won't be the issue. I just have to make sure I communicate my needs to my server. I am pretty confident I can do this as I have done it before while on HCG. I also have to do it when I am not on HCG because I have Celiac Disease. It takes a lot of questions and communication each time I order in a restaurant just to be certain I won't eat a trace of wheat or gluten.

The biggest challenge today is when I go to the movies with my friend Kim. We need this night out as we haven't and won't get a chance to see each other for quite a while. The challenge will be that I will be out late and won't be able to fill up on tea or water. If I do that, I will be going to the bathroom every 10 minutes and will miss most of the movie. So, my plan is to save my apple until the movie. I will cut it up and put it in a baggie so I won't be crunching in the theater. That should help. Any other suggestions??

I do have a recipe to post today. I actually made it over the weekend, but forgot about posting it. Better late than never. Once again, I have adapted this from my favorite HCG recipe base (link in side bar).

HCG French Onion Soup
2 C fat free beef broth or stock (I used Health Valley No Salt, Fat Free Beef Broth)
1 whole sweet onion, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste
Saute onions in 1-2 Tbs broth in a medium sauce pan over low heat. And I do mean low. Stir them onions slowly and saute until they become slightly caramelized (browned). Add splashes of broth as necessary. This will take some time, but it is totally worth it. As Chef Tyler Florence said, "brown taste good." Once the onions are good and caramelized, add the remaining beef broth and thyme. Bring soup to a boil then allow to simmer for about an hour. Add salt and pepper before serving, to taste. The result is a rich tasting treat.

Enjoy,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment