Thursday, May 20, 2010

P2D29

Yay! I am on the losing side again! I have officially lost all the "HCG tragedy" weight and a little more (.4 lbs). I am sooo glad that things are back on track.

But things are getting a little rough. I am SOOOO hungry! Not just empty stomach hungry, but woozy, queasy, light-headed hungry. I think my HCG has lost its potency. I called my doc and they are drawing up some new injections for me. Hopefully some fresh HCG will do the trick.

I ate something new yesterday. It was great. I made a frittata. I based the recipe on one that I found at another great website. I will put a link in my sidebar so you can easily find it.

You could make this frittata with most of the allowed veggies and you could change up the herbs and spices. This one was good, but I am thinking I will try one with tomatoes and basil....

-------------------------------------
HCG Frittata
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
asparagus (allowed amount)
1-2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbs onion powder
1 Tbs water
1 tsp parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
HCG friendly hot sauce (I use Cholula)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Snap off woody ends of asparagus and discard. Break each spear into 2 inch pieces. Over medium heat saute garlic in a small amount of water or broth, just until fragrant. Add asparagus pieces and saute until tender, but not soft. Transfer to a non-stick, over-proof pan (if you didn't saute in one) or a parchment lined baking dish (this is what I did because I don't use Teflon coated pans). In a bowl mix egg whites, egg and water. Add onion powder, herbs, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour egg mixture over asparagus in baking dish. Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes until done.

I topped mine with lots of hot sauce and it was delish! I didn't try this on the family....

Makes one serving (1 protein and 1 veg)
---------------------------------

For you non-HCGers out there, I think this would be divine if it were topped with a little crumbled feta. I will try that once I get to phase 3.



Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment