Tuesday, May 18, 2010

P2D30 or P2D27

Wow, camping was an HCG tragedy for me. I did not stick with the protocol. Without going into gory details about what I did and did not eat, let's just say I had plenty of sugar, salt and fat while away.

But, let me start at the beginning of my transgression. I packed all my veggies and proteins and had every intention of sticking with the protocol. We were happily on our way to the campground and had made it about half way there when I realized that I did NOT pack my HCG injections. Aaaaah! We were too far to turn around in order to go home and get them. My doc's office was still open so I called them. The MA there said to not worry about it, stick with the program, but eat a little more protocol foods if I got hungry. But, somewhere in there she said eat whatever you want when you get hungry. And that is the part that stuck in my head. You can imagine how that conversation went: blah, blah, blah, blah, eat whatever you want, blah, blah, blah, blah.

So we arrive at the campground and I am still determined to stay the course. And then, CRAP! I realized that I did NOT pack all my teas. I had carefully selected and bagged days worth of all my teas so that I could stave off all my hunger cravings and food envy, yet those bags never made it in the van.

So now I am without my HCG injections and without my teas. What was I to do? Well, that first night I caved and had a roasted marshmallow or 3. Damn. Then I had some chocolate. Damn. It just got worse from there as the days progressed. By the time we needed to go into town to get more ice, I was in a full feeding-frenzy. I ate. Let's just leave it at that.

The scale was not kind this morning. I don't want to tell you what it said, but I am not going to change my weight on my ticker until I am back down and losing from my last entry. Wow, this sucks. The one thing that keeps me optimistic is that I ate a lot of salt. I am hoping half of my gain is water weight that will quickly come back off.

I am back on program today. I have resent my day count because I will extend it for the days I took my "break". I am hoping it won't be like week one all over again. But, if it is, that is the price I have to pay. Sigh.

If you have words of advice or encouragement I would love to see them!

Cheers,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment