Monday, May 24, 2010

P2D33

3.4 lbs lost over the weekend! Woot!

I am heading out to see my doc in a few minutes, but I just had to post my incredible results. I will come back with more later today.

----Okay, I'm back. Got my measurements from the doc office. They only measure waist and hips. So far I have lost 4 inches from my waist and 9 inches from my hips! Holy Cow! That is so exciting. I am not very close to my 5k training weight and just 7 lbs from my lowest weight since I was 21. This is amazing.

It has been so much hard work, but I am seriously considering a second round. I even went so far as to plan it out on a calendar. My husband requested that I not be on the 500 calorie portion of the plan for our anniversary or my birthday (it's my 40th this year!). So....I think I will do another round in September. Will have to maintain the protocol for some football games, but I don't think that will be too hard. Since I can't eat gluten or wheat I have to bring my own food anyway. The people that we tailgate with are used to that. So, I will just bring my own, Simeon's approved foods. I am excited.

But back to the round I am on now. I only have 6 more injections. My last one will be next Sunday. Then I stay on the 500 cals diet for at least 72 hours and then I can start introducing other foods slowly. In order to complete the whole hypothalamus/metabolism reset, I must avoid starches and sugar for 3 weeks. I can do that, totally. My clinic follows a modified Mediterranean diet so I will stick with that, minus any grains or starchy veggies. They also want me to avoid artificial sweeteners as they can lead to inflammation. I can have stevia though.

Okay, made some fabulous fish last night. I used sole and cooked it en papillote (a little parchment paper wrapper). If you don't know how to fold the parchment paper, take a look at this for the technique (not the recipe).

----------------------------------
Ginger Garlic Whitefish en Papillote
(one serving, multiply of making for a group)

3.5 oz (100g) of approved white fish (I used Dover Sole caught of the West Coast)
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated (this makes it into a paste of sorts)
1 tsp fresh garlic, minced or pressed
lemon juice, from 1/2 of a lemon (may take less)
black pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut parchment paper large enough to hold a single portion of fish. Mix the ginger and the garlic and spread on the fish fillet. If using two small and thin fillets as I did with the sole, spread the mixture between the two fillets. Pour lemon juice over the fillets and top with some freshly ground black pepper (add your salt at the table if necessary). Fold the parchment to seal the packet and place on a cookie sheet or in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 10-15 min or until fish is done.

Serve by placing packet on a plate and cutting an X in the middle of the paper and roll the edges back. This makes a very dramatic presentation. I would recommend removing the fish from the packets if serving children.

Makes 1 protein serving, but is easily multiplied.
--------------------

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment