Friday, May 21, 2010

P2D30

I couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that I had lost 1.6 lbs! I am so excited and ready to take on these last ten days of the protocol. Well, actually, 13 days because I continue the 500 cals for 3 more days after my last shot. The HCG will still be in my system, doing it's fat releasing job, so I need to stay on the diet.

I have been doing pretty well this week. With my dear hubby at a work retreat I have been flying solo around the house. Meals have been fast and simple affairs that do not require clean up. Like last night I made the kids hot dogs for their entree. I make them these Applegate Farms natural Turkey Hot Dogs. I knew they were good stuff and that is why I feed them to my kids. But I was looking at the nutritional info and saw that the dogs are only 40 calories each. The ingredients are basically turkey and spices. Here is the list: Turkey, Water, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Sea Salt, Spices, Paprika, Garlic, Onion Powder.
I decided that I could eat them too. I had 2. With spicy brown mustard. Yum. They were a very nice change of pace.

I doubt Dr. Simeon would approve. Turkey is not on his list. But, surprisingly, the chicken hot dogs have more calories. There is only 2g of fat in each one (I eat more fat with my Simeons approved beef). The sodium is 260mg per dog. Not great, but not too bad either. Seriously, I can't think of a reason not to eat them other than being a Simeons purist. And I am not, so I am going to enjoy them again.

Have you tried anything that is fast and easy and might not fit the protocol exactly? I would love to hear if you have found any healthy and quick foods that work on the protocol.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I will have to check out those hot dogs for p3!!
    I use all beef Hebrew Nation 97% fat free hot dogs on protocol! My doctor said that turkey can make you gain weight, but I feel that her information came from a woman who might have cheated on more than Turkey though. heh. I dont' see how it can be THAT bad for you, it's suppose to be a better meat all around. oh well. I hope you lose tomorrow again. NICE loss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try those Hebrew National 97% ff hot dogs and I just couldn't get past the texture. They were grainy to me, but it might be the way I prepared them.

    So far, the turkey dogs have not set me back at all. I may try the chicken next, just to see if I experience more weight loss, despite the calories. Not having turkey on protocol has always mystified me though...

    ReplyDelete