Thursday, September 23, 2010

R2P2D11

I could not believe it when I hopped on the scale today and saw a 2.0 pound loss!  This diet continues to amaze and motivate me.

Yesterday could have been challenging, but I made it work.  I had some yummy fresh crab and cucumbers for lunch.  That was no problem.  It was the afternoon that was tricky.  My daughter was having a short play date and they asked me to make them popcorn.  Popcorn!  It is one of my weaknesses.  I knew if I popped some I would have a very hard time resisting it.  I also knew that I wouldn't be able to give her a good reason why I couldn't pop it if I refused.  (She is 8, she asks why for every answer I give her).  So, I lied (okay lying isn't great, but it was really a white lie to save myself for a good reason).   I said we didn't have any and then I proceeded to run into the kitchen and hide it.  Problem solved.  They had other things that don't set me off down the crazy path.

We took her friend home and she went to her dance class.  I had an hour to kill and thought I would get some tea and have my apple snack.  Then it occurred to me that by the time DD was out of dance class and I got her home, I would have to leave again right away in order to make it on time to her school for curriculum night.  No time to eat!  I knew I couldn't wait until I got home so I made a quick adjustment to my schedule.  I saved my apple and instead had dinner a little early.  At a great local burger place I got a patty wrapped in a huge lettuce leaf and some extra lettuce.  Served with some mustard, it was perfect!

I was able to get through curriculum night easily and had my apple after the kids went to bed. 

Yay me!

Hope you find similar ways to stick with your HCG protocol despite your busy schedules.

Enjoy the day,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment