Thursday, September 16, 2010

R2P2D4

Down .8lbs! I'll take that.

Yesterday was a bit rough. I was stuck in a stressful meeting from 11-1 yesterday. By the time I got out I was starving, but was unable to eat because I had to leave to pick up my daughter from school. I didn't get a chance to eat until 2:00. By then I was feeling terrible and was a total witch. I told my girl to give me 10 min to eat and 10 min to get normal before she tried to have a discussion with me. I felt much better after my shrimp on green salad.

Dinner last night was tasty. I made scrambled eggs, toast and fruit for the family and a yummy tomato frittata for me. My kids LOVE breakfast for dinner. I split my tomato allowance in half. I used one half in the frittata and one half to make a yummy topping for the frittata. Here is how I made it:

Tomato Frittata
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
cherry tomatoes (allowed amount)
1 Tbs onion powder or dried, minced onion
1 Tbs water
salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbs vinegar
basil (I used 1 Tbs fresh, but you could use 1 tsp dried)
1 clove garlic crushed or minced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Use half of the amount of the tomatoes to line a small, oven proof skillet or a parchment paper lined baking pan (so it won't stick). Whip together egg and egg whites and water. Add onion powder, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour egg white mixture over tomatoes.

If you are using the parchment and baking pan, you can put this in the oven right away and back for 15-20 min, but keep checking for doneness (eggs will be set).

If you are using a saute pan, you can pre-cook the bottom of the frittata over medium heat. Careful not to over cook. I did it just until the edges of my eggs started to look dry. Move the pan into the oven and bake for about 10 more minutes or until the eggs are set.

Topping: While the frittata is baking, take remaining cherry tomatoes and toss them with the vinegar, basil, garlic and more salt and pepper, to taste. Stir occasionally until the frittata is done.

Move the frittata from the pan to a plate (I usually invert the pan and dump the frittata onto my plate) and top with the tomato vinegar mixture. Server and enjoy!

Makes one serving (1 protein and 1 veg)



Enjoy today,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment