Friday, September 17, 2010

R2P2D5

Down another 1.2lbs. Yay!

Even though this is my second round I am still delighted and amazed at how well this works. I mean, yes, you could lose this kind of weight by eating only 500 calories a day, but it would be HELL. I can't even imagine doing it without the hormone helping my body digest the fat for the energy it needs on such a low call program. You would also lose A TON of lean muscle mass on 500 cals without HCG. It would be crazy!

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Hunger wasn't too bad in the evening. It was there, just not as overwhelming as it has been. Good.

Bad news is that I think my thyroid is already having issues. Yesterday my hands were so icy cold. Nothing I did warmed them up. Nothing, that is, until I took my thyroid in the afternoon and about 40 mins later they miraculously warmed up. I had thyroid resistance issues last time so I am prepared for it this round. Basically what happens in my body is that my thyroid system is not fooled by the HCG. For some reason it doesn't see the extra fat release as operation calories. All it sees it that I am ingesting around 500 calories. So it goes it to survival hyper-drive and starts cranking out thyroid hormone blockers called reverse T3. The solution for me is to take my normal thyroid meds and supplement them with synthetic T3 meds.

In my last round I didn't start the extra thyroid until about week 3. I do not know if this is because I ignored the symptoms longer last time (chalking it up to the diet's side effects) or if it is just hitting me earlier this round. Doesn't really matter cause I have the meds I need and I will start taking them.

Anyone else out there with a thyroid change while on HCG protocol? My doc said about 25% of his patients have issues, but I want to know if you independent HCGers have had these symptoms: cold hands and feet, general coldness that is hard to shake, increased hair loss, dry skin and fatigue...Just curious.

Enjoy today,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment