Wednesday, September 15, 2010

R2P2D3

Another 1.8 lbs lost. Woot!

Yesterday was pretty good until I decided to push and do some time on my treadmill. Wow, it really wiped me out. I was tired before I got on there, but after I was queasy and exhausted. I am hesitant to try that again, but want to keep exercising so I minimize my lean muscle mass loss.

Today went really well. I struggle most in the evenings. I am hungriest between my afternoon snack of fruit and dinner. It is all I can do to avoid eating my arm. Then dinner comes along and I sometimes fill up before I am done with my servings. Weird, huh?

Okay, so I promised you the recipe for my Spicy Chicken Stir-fry and here it is. As usual, sub liquid aminos if your program involves pH levels.



Spicy Chicken Stir-fry (per serving)
100g chicken, cut into 1" cubes
equal parts soy sauce and rice vinegar (I use about 2-3 Tbs per serving of chicken)
Celery, sliced, allowed amount
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tsp fresh ginger root, minced
1/4 C chicken broth + more for stir-frying
1-2 tsp additional soy sauce
1 tsp additional rice vinegar
1 tsp dried, minced onions
1-2 tsp Sambal Oelek

Marinate chicken in equal parts soy sauce and rice vinegar for at least 30 min. Meanwhile mix sauce by combing in a small bowl the 1/4 C chicken broth, additional soy sauce, rice vinegar and dried mince onions, set aside. Drain chicken and stir-fry over med-hi heat using broth to avoid sticking/burning. Cook until chicken is browned on all sides (5-7 min). Remove chicken from pan and set aside. In more chicken broth saute the celery until it is just barely softening. Add the garlic and ginger and saute until strongly fragrant. Add sauce and cook for 1-3 min allowing to reduce just slightly. Return chicken to pan and cook another 1-3 min so chicken is heated through. (I always make this for my entire family and at this point I remove my kids portions). Stir in Sambal Oelek, cooking for about 1 more min.

Yummy!

Enjoy today,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! Thanks for posting the recipe - I'm gearing up for another round and that will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete