Monday, October 4, 2010

R2P2D22

Lost 2.0 lbs over the weekend.  That works. 

It was quite a weekend too.  Stared off with one of my favorite activities, scrapping/crafting with my friends.  We stay up late and craft into the night (well, it is late for us mommies of young kids).  We usually have amazing snacks that are usually on the healthy side.  It is hard to stay up that late and not snack.  This makes it tricky on HCG, but I usually save my fruit to eat late.  And I am thankful for my friends who tone down their snacks for me while I am in P2.  Love you guys!

Saturday was a BIG football game.  It was a blast.  My in-laws came down to watch our kids and DH and I got to go tailgating and attend the game together!  I had great plans.  I packed my chicken breast and cucumbers to eat at the game, but forgot my apple.  Sigh.  Then we got to our first tailgater.  It was at a restaurant/bar right near the stadium and we were visiting the owner.  It was high pressure to have some Jaeger shots (on the house) but I resisted that high-sugar, cough syrupy stuff.  Instead I caved and had a shot of Grey Goose.  Okay, I eventually had 2.  Boy oh boy!  They hit me hard.  I felt drunk for hours.  I know I shouldn't have had those shots, but the pressure to do them was intense and I really caved cause it sounded fun.  I was also hoping the couple miles of walking to and from the stadium would help (it did).  At our next tailgater the pressure to eat was just as intense.  I managed to push away most of what was offered due to my wheat allergy, but still ended up with food on my plate.  I ate the nectarine and used that as a sub for the apple I forgot.  And my DH was very sweet and slowly slipped all the other food off of my plate.  People get SO sensitive if you won't eat their food!  We opted to skip revisiting these tailgaters after the game; too dangerous!

My in-laws stayed the night which meant breakfast out the next morning.  I decided to change up my HCG food routine.  I swapped the MR shake with my lunch protein so that I could have eggs at the restaurant for breakfast.  They accommodated my request for no added fats to my eggs, but the best I could do was 2 scrambled eggs (not the 1 egg + 3 whites that I should have done).  No one questioned or pressured me since my Mother in-law has bizarre eating habits. 

Lots of hurdles, many successes and only minor setbacks.  Considering the weekend and the potential pitfalls I am pretty happy with how I did.

Hope you had a good weekend too.  I know a lot of HCGers that I adore were loading and have just started another round of VLCD.  Good luck to you all!  I'll be with you for another week.

Enjoy the day,
Amy

3 comments:

  1. You must be so proud of yourself having resisted as you did and being creative when there wasn't another option! 2 pounds down! YAY! Happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting over the hurdles! Nice loss, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Amy for doing so well this weekend, given all the temptations and difficult situations you were faced with! a 2lb loss is terrific!

    ReplyDelete